By using and accessing any of the Sites, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time and your continued use of the Sites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect
You may provide to Castle Air Museum personal information, which is generally called “personally identifiable information.” The types of personal information we collect will depend on much you engage with our Sites and their services. The “personal information we collect” means that we obtain, receive, and/or have access to personal information pertaining to a user and/or visitor. This includes receiving information from a user or visitor, either actively or passively.
We may collect several types of personal information from and about you using our Sites or offline services (such as in-person or by phone), including, but not limited to, first and last name, email address, phone number, financial information, postal address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and any other information defined as personally identifiable information under California law or any other identifiers online or offline.
Third Party Service Providers
We employ third party companies to facilitate our Sites’ services, manage the Sites, process transactions, enhance our marketing efforts, better respond to our visitors’ needs, or to assist us in analyzing how our Sites’ services are used. These third parties have access to certain personal information to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. This includes third party e-commerce service providers who collect personal information necessary to process transactions, and may use the collected information to improve the services they provide. It also includes third party partners who serve advertisements across the Internet and sometimes on their websites on Castle Air Museum’s behalf. These marketing partners may use information about your visits to the Sites to personalize advertisements. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
How Information is Collected
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Indirectly through one of our third parties that either store the details you provided to process billings information or send email campaigns.
• Automatically as you navigate through the Sites. Information collected automatically by us or companies acting on our behalf may include, but is not limited to, log and usage data, IP addresses, cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, device data, location data, and other tracking technologies.
• From publicly available sources, vendors, and other third parties (such as Google Analytics) that may share your personal information as permitted in their privacy policies.
• Information we receive from you by contacting our main office, gift shop, membership team, group tour information team, Restoration Hangar, and RV Park Camp for any inquiries.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest, fundraiser, or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Sites.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Use of Information
If needed, Castle Air Museum may use the personal information to perform the following business purposes:
• Respond to your inquiries or offer support to you.
• Create and provide our features and services.
• Distribute our free electronic newsletter.
• Improve or update the Sites.
• Resolve bugs and troubleshooting problems.
• Implement and improve our promotional efforts, membership drives, and fundraising efforts.
• Monitor the effectiveness of promotional efforts, membership drives, or fundraising efforts.
• Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis through third parties.
• Monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us to the following third parties for a business purpose:
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support Castle Air Museum and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These contractors, service providers, and or third parties include, but are not limited to, web maintenance service providers, non-profit organizations, media companies, community groups, and cultural institutions, and select organizations.
• To third parties to market their services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. These third parties are required to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• For any other business purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce or apply other agreements, including for billing purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Castle Air Museum, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Unaffiliated Third Party Links
Our Sites may contain links to other websites or services that Castle Air Museum neither owns nor operates. Sites hosted by third party service providers, such as PayPal, may appear as if you are still on a Site. To tell whether you are on one of the Sites or viewing third party content, please check the URL address in your browser’s address window.
We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every third party website and service provider before providing any personally information to them. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties. If you choose to visit or use any third party websites, including those offered by our third party service providers or other partners, please be aware that this Policy will not apply to information that you disclose to third parties.
Cookies and Other Related Technologies
Internet cookies are small text files placed on your computer by a website you visit. A cookie contains information on you that your browser saves and sends back to a website when you visit it again. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We or third parties acting on our behalf collect certain computer and browser information through the use of automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons when you visit our Sites or otherwise interact with us online.
We or these third party companies may use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first party identifiers, and third party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies and retargeting cookies) or other third party identifiers together.
The information collected using these tools may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, UserAgent, Referrer URL, ClientID, Cookie User ID, the address of the web page that referred you to one of our Sites, dates and times of Site visits, and the location of your device. Companies acting on our behalf may combine the information collected from your visit to our Sites with other information they have collected previously.
These cookies and other related technology allow third party companies to help us improve your experience on our Sites, understand how the Sites are being used, measure the number of visitors to the Sites, and supply you with advertising that is more relevant to you when you are visiting the Sites or other websites that promote our marketing campaign. We also work with third parties who may place cookies, such as retargeting cookies, on your web browser to enable us (and other advertisers) to serve you with advertising based on your search activity.
Your web browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict, reject or disable certain cookies. For more information about removing cookies for your specific web browser, visit allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/clear-cookies-installed.html.
Opt-Out And Do-Not-Track Signals
Do Not Track (DNT) is a web browser setting that requests that a website or web application disable its tracking of a user’s browsing data. Various web browsers (including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) offer a “do not track” option, which sends a signal to websites visited by the user about his or her browser DNT preference setting.
We do not directly respond to “Do Not Track” signals and no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted. We do not permit third parties other than our analytics and service providers to track the users’ activity on the Sites. We do not track your online activity on other online services over time.
Additionally, you may opt-out of data collection from certain companies:
• We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze information about the use of our Sites. This information helps us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you have an account with Google you can manage your advertising settings, otherwise you can manage these settings through your web browser.
• You may also opt out of the automated collection of information by certain third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Because those opt-out pages are specific to your browser used to visit it and because we do not have control over those unaffiliated third party websites, we are unable to perform the opt-outs on your behalf.
Unsubscribe to Newsletter
If you have subscribed to our free electronic newsletter and wish to stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe to the email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email you receive.
We use reasonable physical, organizational, and technological security measures to help protect the personal information in our possession. However, as technology continues to develop overtime, there is no storage, or transmission of data over the Internet that is guaranteed to be completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee to providing absolute security.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Sites maintained by Castle Air Museum are not specifically dedicated to children and we do not actively solicit information from children. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under 16 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
For any privacy inquiries, including finding out what information we have collected about you, and requesting any changes, if reasonably possible, please contact us by calling (209) 723-2178 (main office) or emailing Joe Pruzzo, Executive Director at email@example.com. We may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is actually you or is authorized to access your personal information before granting access.